Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Do you know what you’re getting the special someone in your life? We put together some great ideas, no matter who you’re planning to surprise.
Valentine's Day Gifts for Men
- A new watch - A watch is to men what jewelry is to women. When a man dresses up for a special occasion, he makes sure to put on his favorite watch. This doesn't mean he can’t use another watch if he already has one. Variety is the spice of life, and no man will mind having several watches to choose from. Just be sure to pay attention to the types of watches he generally wears in order to get a feel for his style. One of our favorites is this traditional quartz watch by Mont Blanc.
- A new wallet - Is his wallet starting to fall apart? Are receipts and cards spilling out of it? Then maybe he could use a brand-new wallet. Get him a leather wallet with a bit of class so he can finally throw away that velcro wallet that's barely being held together at the seams.
- A pair of cufflinks - A well-dressed man can have quite an impact. Not just on you, but on his coworkers, bosses, business partners and clients. A pair of beautiful classic cufflinks will add an elegant and sophisticated accent to his suits, and will certainly draw attention. And in a way, cufflinks are similar to the earrings in that they will remind him of you and give him a chance to show off your love for him.
- A league pass - He probably has at least one sport that he follows religiously, whether it's basketball, football, baseball or hockey. You can purchase a league pass for almost any sport, which will allow him to watch every single game played by every team for the season! A league pass will make it easy for him to follow his favorite team without having to find a subpar stream on his computer for games that aren't nationally televised.
- A money clip - Does your boyfriend or husband always seem to carry around loose cash? Then a money clip is the perfect solution. You can make him feel especially luxurious by getting him a sterling silver or yellow gold money clip. A money clip is a fantastic way to show him that you've put some thought into his gift without making a grand statement, perfect whether you've only been together for a little while or if you've been married for years! This Estate Tiffany’s yellow gold money clip is a great choice for the guy in your life.
- A men's bracelet - Bracelets are by no means only a woman's accessory. Men often wear bracelets as well. In fact, there's something rugged and earthy about a man with a bracelet. Not to mention that the bracelet is a symbol of an eternal human connection, making it a perfect Valentine's Day gift! There are many different types of bracelets that are appropriate for men, but consider a classic chain bead bracelet.
Valentine's Day Gifts for Women
- A necklace - A necklace is a wonderful Valentine's Day gift for several reasons. First of all, who doesn't love a new piece of jewelry? Second, a necklace can represent your love for her, which she can not only wear as a way to feel close to you when you are apart, but to show off that love to the world as well. Seeing as how it's a Valentine's Day gift, consider something like a necklace with a heart pendant, or something that expresses your love such as this white gold ‘Live with Love’ pendant.
- A silk robe - A robe to keep her warm in the mornings before she gets dressed for the day might be just what she needs. Get her something sexy and comfortable by picking up a silk robe. Not only will she be nice and warm during colder mornings, but she'll feel especially luxurious as well.
- A bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates - It may be a bit traditional, but you can't argue that it's not a classic. While you can pick up a dozen red roses and a box of chocolates at your nearest grocery store, why not go the extra mile by ordering a unique bouquet of multi-colored flowers from an online vendor or a local boutique shop? The same goes for the box of chocolates. There are plenty of online stores where you can order artisanal chocolates instead of settling on a generic brand.
- An engagement ring - If you want to make this Valentine's Day a really memorable one, use it as an opportunity to ask her for her hand in marriage! It being Valentine's Day, there's a good chance she won't see it coming. Taking her out for a nice meal or to a romantic location certainly won't seem out of the ordinary on Valentine's Day. But when you get down to your knee to pop the question, she'll certainly be surprised. If you plan on doing this, it's important that you choose the right engagement ring, whether you go with a classic design, a vintage design or a more modern design. If you want to go all out, Mark Patterson is a brilliant designer to consider.
- A set of earrings - If this is the first Valentine's Day that you're spending together, then finding the perfect gift can be a little challenging. You probably won't want to invest in diamond encrusted ring if you've only been together for a month, after all. You also don't want to just settle on a gift card either! A solid middle ground would be a pair of charming hoop or stud earrings. A gift like this will show that you put some thought into your gift, even if you're not exactly getting down on one knee. These blue topaz studs from Nina Pugliese are real stunners!
- A bracelet - Bracelets are a great accessory for women because they complement the elegance of her hands. They're also a great Valentine's Day gift because of how many different types of bracelets there are. You can go with something a bit less flashy and more subtle by picking up a woven bracelet or go all out with a 18k rose gold bracelet, like this diamond hinged bangle bracelet.
These are just a few ideas to help inspire you when it comes to figuring out what to get that special someone in your life for Valentine's Day. If you're thinking about picking up a piece of jewelry, be sure to visit us at Henne Jewelers for a wide selection of gorgeous, high-quality jewelry.