The Founding Generation. Henne Jewelers is founded by Rudolph J. Henne and opens for business at 6018 Centre Avenue in East Liberty. This first Henne jewelry store was in a building next to a millinery shop.
Second Generation. Rudolph's son, Rudolph G. Henne (aka "Gerry") takes over the the Henne Jewelers business, managing it through the difficult years of the Great Depression, World War II and the post war boom.
Third Generation Gerry's son, Jack takes over the management of Henne Jewelers. In 1978, he adds manufacturing and repair capabilities and moves the store to Filbert Street in Pittsburgh's Shadyside neighborhood.
Fourth Generation Jack's children, John, Anne and Meg assume management of the store. Henne Jewelers becomes an Official Rolex Dealer.
Henne Jewelers moves to its current location at 5501 Walnut Street, with an expansive new store.
A milestone! Henne Jewelers celebrates its 125th anniversary in business. Today, as in 1887, customers are pleased to see that anytime you walk through the doors of Henne Jewelers, a Henne family member is there to greet, help and advise.